The following environmental management measures, policies, procedures and methodologies are in place:
Energy UsageWe actively carry out the following methods to reduce energy usage across our business:
- Monitoring of energy and utilities year on year.
- Printers in offices operate with reduced consumables and energy consumption.
- Engage our staff in environmental protection through switching off energy when not in use.
- Monitoring of equipment for low energy use before each working day that the office is in use and before weekend closing.
- A lighting upgrade was carried out in November 2017 at the Lennox facility located at John F Kennedy Drive, Dublin D12 FP79. The project entailed the replacement of all filament and fluorescent lighting in Warehouse, Offices and Technical Services with a combination of LED lamps and LED fittings.
Resource use including use of raw materials
We incorporate environmental considerations into our procurement processes and as part of our vendor management programme we regularly assess the suppliers of our raw materials policies on energy consumption and waste management.
We actively carry out the following methods to manage waste across our business:
- Dispose of redundant office furniture for re-use, where possible, or recycling.
- Constantly develop our waste recycling initiatives on stationery and office furniture.
- Follow best practice guidelines such as the Carbon Trust initiatives and programmes.
- Engage our staff in environmental protection through recycling paper.