The following environmental management measures, policies, procedures and methodologies are in place:
Energy UsageWe actively carry out the following methods to reduce energy usage across our business:
- Monitoring of energy and utilities year on year.
- Printers in offices operate with reduced consumables and energy consumption.
- Engage our staff in environmental protection through switching off energy when not in use.
- Monitoring of equipment for low energy use before each working day that the office is in use and before weekend closing.
- A lighting upgrade was carried out in November 2017 at the Lennox facility located at John F Kennedy Drive, Dublin D12 FP79. The project entailed the replacement of all filament and fluorescent lighting in Warehouse, Offices and Technical Services with a combination of LED lamps and LED fittings.
Resource use including use of raw materialsWe incorporate environmental considerations into our procurement processes and as part of our vendor management programme we regularly assess the suppliers of our raw materials policies on energy consumption and waste management.
Waste managementWe actively carry out the following methods to manage waste across our business:
- Dispose of redundant office furniture for re-use, where possible, or recycling.
- Constantly develop our waste recycling initiatives on stationery and office furniture.
- Follow best practice guidelines such as the Carbon Trust initiatives and programmes.
- Engage our staff in environmental protection through recycling paper.
Repak is an industry funded organisation whose aim is to facilitate and grow packaging recycling across Ireland.Recycling helps our environment in so many different ways; it even saves money and creates jobs.Here are 5 reasons why everyone in Ireland should recycle.
Saves Natural Resources
By making products from recycled materials instead of virgin materials, we conserve land and reduce the need to drill for oil and dig for minerals.
It usually takes less energy to make recycled products; recycled aluminium, for example, takes 95% less energy than new aluminium from bauxite ore.
Saves Clean Air and Water
In most cases, making products from recycled materials creates less air pollution and water pollution than making products from virgin materials.
Saves Landfill Space
When the materials that you recycle go into new products, they don't go into landfills or incinerators, so landfill space is conserved.
Saves Money and Creates Jobs
The recycling process creates far more jobs than landfills or incinerators, and recycling can frequently be the least expensive waste management method for cities and towns.
Lennox take environmental obligations seriously and comply with all relevant legislation.
The WEEE regulations are designed to promote the recovery of waste electrical and electronic equipment. This will facilitate in particular the achievement of national targets for the collection, treatment, recovery and disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment in an environmentally sound manner as detailed in directive 2012/19/EU regarding waste electrical and electronic equipment. The regulations impose obligations on organisations that supply electrical and electronic equipment to the Irish market, whether as retailers, importers or manufactures. Lennox is on The Producer Register for the purposes of waste electrical products and batteries under registration number 00420WB.
How WEEE takeback works.
Take back is on a one for one basis only and the product must be of a similar type or have performed the same function as the new item purchased from Lennox Laboratory Supplies Ltd. For example, if you are buying a new hotplate stirrer we will accept your old hotplate stirrer and ensure that it is recycled in an environmentally correct manner. However, if you are buying a digital thermometer you cannot return a freezer or a spectrophotometer etc in its place. The cost for the return and recycling of waste B2B electrical and electronic products is the customers responsibility, and this will be quoted separately. Prior to returning an electrical product to our warehouse for recycling please contact us for a returns form that must be completed in full and accompany the product being returned. We will not accept or take back contaminated WEEE that presents a health and safety risk.